A Mother’s-Eye View of Breastfeeding Help
This is a free presentation from Nancy Mohrbacher, to honor all the amazing IBCLCs around the world.
Every day IBCLCs improve the health of our future generations and empower families with their amazing work. Those of us who have been drawn to the work of caring for breastfeeding families, play a critical role in shaping the future of our society. We should never underestimate the power that skilled IBCLC support and counselling can have during a vulnerable time in the lives of both parents and babies.
As Nancy points out, Excellence as an IBCLC isn’t about clinical skills alone. Attitude and approach play a big role in how our clients respond to our efforts to help with breastfeeding. This presentation looks at recent research that provides insight into how breastfeeding help is perceived by the families in our care. Knowledge gained from this session can help you to elevate both your practice and our profession as a whole. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to gain valuable education while sharing in the passion and excitement as we celebrate IBCLC day together!
Nancy Mohrbacher, IBCLC, FILCA, is author of the professional books, Breastfeeding Answers Made Simple and its Pocket Guide Edition. She co-authored (with Kathleen Kendall-Tackett) the popular book for parents, Breastfeeding Made Simple: Seven Natural Laws for Nursing Mothers. She is also author of the tiny 2013 troubleshooting guide, Breastfeeding Solutions: Quick Tips for the Most Common Nursing Challenges and the Breastfeeding Solutions smartphone app. Nancy began working with breastfeeding families in 1982 and became board-certified as a lactation consultant in 1991. From 1993 to 2003 she founded and maintained a large private lactation practice in the Chicago area. In 2008 the International Lactation Consultant Association officially recognized her contributions to the field of breastfeeding by awarding her the designation FILCA, Fellow of the International Lactation Consultant Association. Nancy was one of the first group of 16 to be recognized for their lifetime achievements in breastfeeding.
Topic: Pumping for the NICU Baby: An Evidence-Based Update - [View Abstract]
Topic: Using Gravity-Assisted Positions to Prevent Early Breastfeeding Problems - [View Abstract]
Topic: What Mothers Need to Exclusively Breastfeed - [View Abstract]
Objective 1: Summarize the research on how a breastfeeding helper’s attitude can affect a mother’s satisfaction or dissatisfaction with the care she receives. Objective 2: Explain how the language used to describe a newborn can influence a mother’s feelings about her baby and about breastfeeding. Objective 3: Describe specific strategies breastfeeding supporters can use to increase mothers’ self-confidence and breastfeeding satisfaction.
Excellence as an IBCLC isn’t about clinical skills alone. Our attitude and approach play a big role in how our clients respond to our efforts to help with breastfeeding. This session examines recent research that provides insights into how breastfeeding help is perceived by the families in our care. This deeper understanding of mothers’ perspectives can help you elevate both your practice and our profession as a whole. Learn the keys to communicating with clients in a way that leaves them feeling heard, and gain insight into how our language and attitudes impact families’ satisfaction with the care they receive.
CERPs - Continuing Education Recognition Points
GOLD Conferences has been designated as a Long Term Provider of CERPs by the IBLCE--Approval #CLT114-07
Tags / Categories
How much time do I have to view the presentations?
- The viewing time will be specified for each product. When you purchase multiple items in your cart, the viewing time becomes CUMULATIVE. Ex. Lecture 1= 2 weeks and Lecture Pack 2 = 4 Weeks, you will have a total of 6 weeks viewing time for ALL the presentations made in that purchase.
- Time for viewing the talks begins once you purchase the product. For Live Webinars & Symposiums, the viewing period begins from when the live event takes place. Presentations can be accessed 24/7 and can be viewed as many times as you like during the viewing period.
What are bundled lectures?
- Presentations may be available individually or via a bundled package. Bundled lectures are a set of lectures that have been put together based on a specific category or topic. Some lectures will be available in both individual and lecture form, whereas others will be available only via a bundled lecture pack.
Will there be Handouts?
- YES! Each lecture comes with a PDF handout provided by the Speaker.
Some lectures include a Q&A, what does that mean?
- During our online conferences, presentations that occur live are also followed by a short 15 minute Question & Answer Session. The Speaker addresses questions that were posted by Delegates during the presentation. We include the recording of these Q&A Sessions as a bonus for you.
How can I receive a Certificate?
- Once you are done viewing the lecture or the lectures within a bundle, submit your attendance record in order to be able to download your certificate.